Those who suffer from mold allergies often don't realize the source of their problem. Because this type of allergy is similar to other allergies, many people simply think it's a case of hay fever or a reaction to the pollen count. However, mold can cause symptoms like itchy and dry eyes, sneezing, nasal discharge and even dry and flaky skin. The spores from these fungi can actually become stuck in the nasal cavity, causing problems long after you leave the source of the mold. They can also be breathed into the lungs, reeking havoc on those with asthma.
The best way to deal with these types of problem stemming from mold is to simply prevent it from growing. Traditionally, this has meant using products like bleach or other harsh and harmful chemicals. While these will typically kill the mold and prevent it from growing, they can cause their own problems. People with allergies can often have allergic reactions to these very products, rendering their results meaningless as they cause a whole new set of problems.
Often the best option is to take advantage of one of the many natural mold preventative products out there. Products like the ones available at www.LastingPlanet.com are based on natural resources that will prevent the mold from growing without using unnecessary, harmful and offensive smelling products. When you use a traditional chemical concoction to deal with mold, your entire house can smell like a chemical factory for days. This is not the cause with natural cleaners that don't contain these chemicals.
Not only do natural mold killers keep your family safe they are better for the planet as well. If you focus on buying products from companies like www.LastingPlanet.com that are sure to only use products from a renewable resource, you won't be wasting the earth's precious resources unnecessarily. You should also consider what happens to the ground water supply each time bleach and other chemicals are poured down the sink or flushed down the toilet. It doesn't just disappear - it goes somewhere. In this case, right into the sewer and the ground, effecting everyone's water supply.
Not only is mold disgusting to look at, it can lead to ongoing allergies, allergic reactions and aggravate an asthma condition. The best idea is to keep it from growing in the first place. Instead of using harsh chemicals that do as much harm as good, focus on using products that are natural and come from renewable resources. This will keep not just your family healthy but won't add to global problems.