If you take the time to look around your house you will probably see a few signs of mold. Mold is a very common occurring growth in almost any home, some of it is easy to find and get rid and some of it you might not find until it is out of control. We all know what mold is; it's that green fuzzy stuff that grows on the food in the back of the refrigerator or that black stuff around the tub. The removal of household mold like this is easy, you throw the old leftovers away and scrub around the tub with a household cleaner and it’s gone.
But did you know that many of these common household molds can be bad for you and your family's health? Molds continuously release spores into the air as they grow, it is how they spread their colonies and find new places to grow. A mold spore is very tiny; the average spore is only 4 microns in size. Every time you breathe in you can inhale thousands of these spores up to several hundred thousand in a minute. Numbers like these show why household mold removal has become so important.
While some of these spores are relatively harmless to your health many of them can cause mild symptoms such as allergic reactions and flu like symptoms. They can be especially dangerous for pregnant women, small children and the elderly. Many strains of mold have been associated with sinus infections, asthma attacks, respiratory infections and Arthralgia which is pain in the joints similar to arthritis without the accompanying inflammation. The removal of household mold can reduce or eliminate these risks.
Key to keeping the risks of mold growing in your house is to make sure that you keep your home as free from moisture and dampness as possible. Mold will grow anywhere that is damp, particularly in dark damp areas. If you have a basement you should inspect it regularly for signs of dampness, make sure you take the time to check in all the nooks and crannies. A routine check of your household for mold removal can go a long way to helping keep your family healthy.
The first step in household mold removal is to thoroughly clean the area affected by the growth of mold. Before cleaning you should make sure that you are properly protected so that you are not exposed to any spores while you are removing the mold. A face mask and rubber gloves are recommended as well as clothes that can be washed in very hot water or can be discarded when you are done. The area you are planning to clean should be spray lightly with water to help reduce the flow of spores while you are cleaning.
Since your family's health is one of the major reasons for household mold removal, you should choose a cleaning chemical that is environmentally safe as well. These products are made from all natural ingredients and are designed to be safe for your family and the planet and are fully biodegradable. Lasting Planet carries a line of 100% green cleaner and treatments for mold that are safe for your family and the environment and are guaranteed to remove all traces of mold from your home.